Welcome To Valkyrie-Owners.com
March 25, 2017, 02:47:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please consider joining as a paying member. The small price ($25 for new members, $20 for renewing) helps us keep the lights on the only member-owned and driven Valkyrie club in existence!

Home   Help Arcade Search Calendar Gallery Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BEWARE !!!!!  (Read 120 times)
OKIERYDER

« on: March 17, 2017, 07:52:37 AM »

I just received an email from paypal.   It was a receipt for a 19.00 charge to UBER. This receipt was identical to a receipt that I knew was legit.
I clicked on the deny claim and thank God for APPLE because when I did  A red screen came up from Apple saying this is a FRAUD site, the red was translucent and behind was where I was to sign in to paypal. I clicked out of the site and called paypal and there had not been any charges. She ask me to forward that email to review@paypal.com and then told me to delete it. She also said anything from paypal will be addressed in my name and frauds will be ( Dear and your email, not your name )
Just wanted to pass this along.

Pretty scary when they can duplicate a legitimate web site. If Apple had not warned me I would have typed my password in and any info they wanted.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 07:58:56 AM by OKIERYDER » Logged
WintrSol

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 11:36:15 AM »

I use Thunderbird and, when I receive an email that might not be legit, I use Ctrl-U to look at the actual raw email. Of course, it helps to be able to read html and other source info. It certainly reveals the actual address you will be going to, so you can compare it to a legit address. It is good to have a back-up site warning, too.

Florissant, MO

Rides: 1998 Honda Valkyrie GL1500CT Tourer + 1970 Honda CB450 + 2005 Suzuki VS800GL
alph

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 01:49:22 PM »

yeah, I NEVER do any business transactions with my phone, I only use my cell phone to make calls and look at p o r n......   Evil

Ride Safe, Ride Often!

Eau Claire, WI.
OKIERYDER

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 03:46:25 PM »

yeah, I NEVER do any business transactions with my phone, I only use my cell phone to make calls and look at p o r n......   Evil

This was thru my email,I buy lots of stuff thru paypal, that is why I said it looked zactly like all my other receipts that I get from paypal.
alph

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 07:39:21 PM »

This was thru my email,I buy lots of stuff thru paypal, that is why I said it looked zactly like all my other receipts that I get from paypal.

OHHH.....  yeah, that ain't good......  I've gotten letters like that as well and NEVER open them.  i'll go directly to my paypal account and check it there.  NEVER EVER open a site from your email.  if you right click on the site you can see where the "raw data" is from.  I use to know how to do it, but you can also track the country of origin of the email..... one time I had an email from Russia.....  yeah, it wasn't one I'd open.....

Ride Safe, Ride Often!

Eau Claire, WI.
mello dude
Half genius, Half dumbass

Dayton, Ohio

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 03:42:43 PM »

There is a lot of email phishing going on. I have been getting email like in the subject...  - your Walmart order or Amazon or ect...
A quick check way to find out legitimacy is to hover your pointer over the sender - typically the after the dot will show who it is really from. Example ..... Amazon.marketing5partners.com   (FAKE! Thieves! ) --- If it is not who they say they are in the subject or email title... Delete!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: