Welcome To Valkyrie-Owners.com
September 17, 2014, 08:32:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please consider joining as a paying member. The small price ($25 for new members, $20 for renewing) helps us keep the lights on the only member-owned and driven Valkyrie club in existence!

Home   Help Arcade Search Calendar Gallery Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Valkyrie Resale Value  (Read 4075 times)
stlr6
« on: March 14, 2011, 07:57:16 PM »

I was wondering what would be a good asking price for a 2001 Valkyrie Interstate  Beige/Black.

Reason I'm asking is because my father has the bike and rode it on the weekends. But as of a couple of weeks ago he had a mild stroke and he doesn't want to take a chance for something to happen to him or others. So he's looking to sell it.  Again it's a 2001 Interstate with only 4500 miles on it. It's Beige and Black. He is the original owner and it is in immaculate condition..

It anyone is interested in it  and/or knows what a good asking price could be   please let me know...

Thanks
don07tncav
Elite Forum Member

West Tennessee

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 04:43:36 AM »

What state and town is the bike located at? The prices vary, here's a link to a good site to see what they are going for currently on EBAY and Craigslist:
http://motorcycle.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi

Later!
Don
MP
Administrator

1997 Standard and 2001 red/blk I/S with sidecar

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 08:11:25 AM »

Vary a lot.  Good advice above.  How many farkles does it have?  They can make a big difference.

I have seen sell as low as $5000, up to $10,000 lately.  Have been dropping in value.

Try to post more info, location matters, and a couple pics if possible.

MP

Scranton, ND
"Riding with Cycho"
cookiedough

Southern WI

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 01:05:09 PM »

I looked up 80's Honda Magnas, 700cc or 750cc's, and it still amazes me the market for older Magnas are the same price as when i sold mine for 1500 bucks back in 1997.  If I knew then what I know now, I would have kept it 14 years ago and still be riding it still worth 1500 bucks.  I only paid 1700 bucks for it way back in 1990 which was a steal.  I only wish I would have bought that sweet V65, 1098cc, Magna at the time I was looking in 1990 for around 3800 bucks basically brand new almost with about 800 miles on it.  But, I did not have 3800 bucks laying around being only 20 or so and $1700 was more reasonable.  Besides, I probably would have killed myself with that much power being so young.

I think, my opinion, the Valkyrie's will be in the same boat say 7-10 years from now when they become a collector item.  Right now, they may drop in price a little still, but will soon level out and maintain their value just like the 80's Magna's have.
buzz
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 11:13:58 AM »

Try to get a list of accessories that were added to the bike and post some pictures.
cookiedough

Southern WI

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 11:38:49 AM »

good idea buzz.  Varies really in area, etc., but my best guess would be not many accessories/chrome, 8-8.5K, top end 10K loaded. 

Chicago Mark

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 11:46:37 PM »

Heres a 1 year old reference; last April I bought a green/silver 1999 Interstate for $8,500. It had two brand new Dunlop E3 tires, 6,500 miles on it, Hondaline saddlebag rail, Hondaline front fender rail, Hondaline top trunk rack, a receipt from the local Honda dealer showing all fluids (oil, coolant, brake/clutch) were just changed as well as the spark plugs and the oil filter, the valve cover gaskets were replaced because the valves were 'adjusted'. IMHO, it was essentially a nearly new 1999 Interstate. I thought $8,500 was a fair price given this particular motorcycle. Plus I only had to ride it home to Chicago from Green Bay, WI. In reality, since the Interstates were only a 3 year model year bike, the year may not effect value as much as the condition, mileage, location, color and accessories.

All the best with your dad as well as the sale,

Mark
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 11:58:59 PM by Chicago Mark » Logged

1999 Honda Valkyrie Interstate, gorgeous in green and silver
2009 Moto Guzzi Griso 8v, wonderful in white

The Holy Bible; Read, Apply, Repeat
Know, Love and Obey Jesus
www.fwo.org
MP
Administrator

1997 Standard and 2001 red/blk I/S with sidecar

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2011, 07:59:06 AM »

A year ago last Dec, I paid $6800 for my 01 red/black IS.  60,000 miles.  Corbin seats, trunk rack, CB, new timing belts, good tires.  Well maintained.

When people see it, they do NOT believe it has 70,000 miles on it. When I say I got it last Dec, they think I bought it NEW then.

MP

Scranton, ND
"Riding with Cycho"
buzz
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 11:53:22 AM »

Last year I bought a 2000 Interstate with 32,000 miles for $7,500.  I replaced the OEM shocks with progressives (front and rear).  Replace all hoses and tubing.  After market windshield, fuse box, two power accessories plugs, hyper lights and added a few chrome pieces.  Total after purchase investment approximately $1,000.  These bikes can go two/three hundred thousand miles with proper maintenance.  And there are a few out there in the 400,000 range.  Back in the day, Honda made a number of accessories for this bike (top luggage rack, saddlebags racks etc…).  These accessories are expensive but in my humble opinion a lot of them take away from the beautiful lines of the Valk.  Again, it is only my opinion.  To each his own of course.          

* IMG_1068.JPG (104.46 KB, 1000x667 - viewed 1670 times.)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 10:32:55 PM by buzz » Logged
NITRO
~KP~
Administrator

Eau Claire, WI

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 12:05:33 PM »

GREAT color!

Semiprofessional wanderer.

TurnBoy/John

Chicago IL

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2011, 06:27:19 PM »

Nice bike

TurnBoy/John   2001 Valkyrie Interstate.
                       2004 Valkyrie  Rune
cookiedough

Southern WI

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2011, 08:58:37 PM »

those 2-tones are sure purdy!

I just got fast black (sorry, no decent pics) since I couldn't make up my mind if I had to decide on 3 awesome 2-tones:  red/black. blue/silver, or green/silver.  Honda sure got those colors right and smooth lines to boot.  Grin
TurnBoy/John

Chicago IL

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 06:29:10 PM »

Thanks send some pictures soon.

TurnBoy/John   2001 Valkyrie Interstate.
                       2004 Valkyrie  Rune
Dallastar
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2011, 03:41:42 PM »

My Valk is worth $1million   and its NOT for sale ... I bought mine as a wreck, dropped on its left side from a little guy that couldnt ride and the Valk was to big and scary for him... so i took it off his uncompilable hands .... ive been fixing things on it  lil by lil and riding the pisssss out of it lol
120K miles on it now. I luv it and all its damage and faults ..ive even learn to like the lousy MPG   i dont care ..its the best bike Iv owned and ive owned 2-3 ok maybe a 100 dif bikes ive owned EVERY make model bike out there NOT KIDDING ...i like the fact that i dont have to ever do any internal engine work just basic upkeep maintenance..cuz at this point in the game ..this is prob my last bike ill ever buy ... a matter fact  im wanting the Valk to get older and more miles and im goin to put it thru its paces and have it Dallas tested tuff ..so i can keep telling everyone how badassss this bike is
 oh and as someone else said .. when people see my bike that dont know anything about bikes thinks its some new type bike out then i tell them the miles on it and the year their amazed

oh and btw as far has price, ive been offered $6k+++ for it several times the way it sits   i turn them all down
cookiedough

Southern WI

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2011, 05:06:20 PM »

My Valk is worth $1million   and its NOT for sale ...
120K miles on it now. .. when people see my bike that dont know anything about bikes thinks its some new type bike out then i tell them the miles on it and the year their amazed

oh and btw as far has price, ive been offered $6k+++ for it several times the way it sits   i turn them all down

I don't know about that.   If someone offered me 1 million, I'd sell no matter what vehicle I own.  SOLD!
Not sure on the std. or tourer, but if 120,000 miles, people by looking at the odometer would see only 20,000 miles and say nice shape for how old it is and number of miles (especially those Harley riders who rarely see over 20,000 miles in their lives bar hopping), and then you say, no 120,000 miles.  Watch their eyes light up for sure!!!!  shocked
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: